Dr. Krista Jones
Krista M. Jones opened her practice in Edmond in 1981 after graduating from the University of Oklahoma, College of Dentistry. In 1990 she moved her office to the Turtle Creek Professional Village Complex. She was recently named Dentist of the Year by the OK Dental Association for 2012. She has built her practice by providing the highest quality dentistry available for a life changing experience for patients and staff. Dr. Jones is in the top 5% of dentists in Oklahoma for continuing education, and she is in the top 10% of dentists in the nation who have attended the prestigious Las Vegas Institute for Cosmetic and Comprehensive Dentistry. Each patient suite is equipped with a computer that can record the main parameters of a periodontal exam and store them into the patient's files for later comparison. Treatment can begin in the earliest stages of disease often preventing early bone loss and possible surgery.
- Undergraduate Studies - University of Oklahoma, 1974 - 1977
- Doctor of Dental Surgery - University of Oklahoma, 1981
Dr. Jones is dedicated to continuing education and advanced technology. Each year she attends two to three times the continuing education courses required by the Oklahoma Board of Dentistry that helps her provide patients with the best dental care possible. Dr. Jones received the Platinum Eagle Award in 2002 from the Oklahoma Board of Dentistry for placing in the top three percent of all licensed dentists in the state of Oklahoma in the amount of continuing education courses for the previous three years.
Examples of recent continuing education Dr. Jones has completed:
- Lasers in Dentistry
- Master Esthetic Program
- Practical Occlusion
- Tooth-Colored Restoration
- Ceramic Restorations
- Anterior Aesthetics
- Fixed Prosthodontics
- Reconstructive Phase Therapy
- Non-surgical Therapeutic Management
- Oral Cancer
Dr. Jones is also a graduate of the Pankey Institute which trains dentists to provide you with maximum comfort and function while at the same time accomplishing a natural, beautiful appearance and long-term results. She regularly attends the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies for new developments in advanced aesthetics and comprehensive dentistry.
Dr. Jones' passion for dentistry has kept her very busy in local professional associations as an active member as well as in leadership positions within the organizations.
- OK County Dental Society Pres. 1998-1999
- OK Dental Association Pres. 2007-2008
- OK Dental Association House of Delegates 1983-present
- OK Dental Association Chair Mediation Review 1999-2005
- OU Alumni Association Pres. 1985-86
- American College of Dentists - Chair of OK Section 2006-2007
- American Association of Women Dentists - Member 1985-present
- Academy of General Dentistry - Member 1989-present
- OK Association of Women Dentists Pres.1988-1989
- Academy of Dentistry International - Fellow 1997-present
- International College of Dentists - Fellow 2002-present
- Pierre Fauchard Academy - Fellow 1996-present
As a resident of Edmond, she is very involved in the community. She belongs to and has served in leadership roles in many of the following:
- Leadership Oklahoma Class VIII 1994-1995
- City of Edmond Visual Arts Commission - Chair 2002-2008
- Fine Arts Institute of Edmond - Vice-President 1993-1994
- Leadership Edmond Alumni Association - 1986-present
- Edmond Women's Club Founding Member and now Sustainer
- Edmond Central Rotary Board of Directors - Paul Harris Fellow
- Edmond Medical Center Board of Directors 1995-2002
- Edmond Chamber of Commerce Vice President 1984-1985
MEDICAL MISSION TRIPS:
Dr. Jones travels on medical mission trips through the OU Health Science Center and Christian Medical-Dental Society and the Oklahoma United Methodist's Volunteers in Mission. She and husband, Craig, have been on mission trips to Kenya, Israel, Peru, Bolivia, Nicaragua, Guatemala, and Mexico.
Dr. Jones is married to Reverend Craig Stinson who is the Executive Director and Director of Congressional Development for the Oklahoma United Methodist Conference. They enjoy chasing eclipses and have seen seven. Scuba diving and reading are other passions of Dr. Jones.
HONORS & AWARDS:
- O.U. College of Dentistry Alumni Association - Outstanding Alumni 2010
- Edmond Hall of Fame 2010
- George Mikesell Award Rotarian of the Year 2010 for Edmond Rotary Club
- Outstanding Distinguished Alumni 2006 - University of Oklahoma
- Fellow International College of Dentists – Outstanding Dentist of the Year 2008
- Fellow American College of Dentists - Geis Fellow
- Fellow Academy of Dentistry International
- Fellow of the Pierre Fauchard Academy – Dentist of the year 2007
- OK Dental Association Thomas Jefferson Award 1989
- During her time as Chair of Mediation Review Sub Council for ODA, the Oklahoma Dental Association was awarded the Golden Apple Award in Ethics and Professionalism.